Friday, May 15, 2015

Feeling Thankful...


This week was not an easy one...

Kate came down with a virus on Monday that was ROUGH, she completely forgot how to sleep, and she didn't really get back to her normal self for five days.
My dad underwent his third back surgery for a disk that degenerated and caused nerve damage.
Carter finished preschool for the year. 
Hubby had to decide whether or not he would stay at his current job or make a move to a new company.
 
 A good family friend is currently having a double bypass heart surgery.
Yeah, it's been a doozy.

I have lost my temper more times than I care to think about. I have yelled. A lot. I have put myself into several "mommy time-outs." I even put a brown paper sack on my head at one point to create a diversion when Kate was throwing a fit. (Thanks for that one, Momastery! Brilliant!) 

But, I've been more reliant on Jesus (okay, and coffee) this week for strength and patience and compassion than I have been in a long time. When I got to a point where I just wanted to quit and run away, He gave me strength. When I felt overwhelmed and unable to handle the tasks of the day, He gave me wisdom. When I felt unable to comfort and console my daughter for one more minute because I was just COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY EMPTY, He filled me again. 

And for that, today, I am thankful. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...