Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Meal Planner

I am typically one to plan out the menu for the week on Sunday night, but since we've recently joined a Bible Study on Sunday afternoons at our church, it got put off until today. I typically choose 2-3 meals to make during the week, and we fill in the rest of the week with a night of leftovers and a night out. (We are major fans of Taco Tuesday. If you haven't tried it, GO and thank me later. $8 typically feeds our family of four!) 

The recipes I'm making this week are the two that I typically take to friends or family when they've had a baby/death in the family, etc because they are BIG, and I'm always asked for the recipes, so I thought I'd share them here! They are crazy fast, crazy easy, and crazy GOOD.

Baked Parmesan Turkey Meatballs (This is Carter's favorite meal. Like EVER.)
1-1 1/4 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer Italian-seasoned)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
Pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 tbsp olive oil
(Optional: If I have it on hand, I sometimes throw in a cup or so of frozen, defrosted spinach. The kids never know it's there, and it's a bonus for getting some greens in them!) 

So simple - First, line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with some nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, form into golf-ball sized meatballs, and drop onto cookie sheet. (Optional: Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each before baking.) Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce over your favorite pasta. 

Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sliders (Makes 6-8 servings)
6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or fresh, if desired)
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) BBQ sauce, any flavor 
1/2 cup Italian dressing
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Whisk together the next four ingredients in a bowl, and pour over chicken. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Shred with two forks and serve on King's Hawaiian rolls topped with a little more barbecue sauce. I always send this meal to friends with some potato salad and fruit, but the sides are really up to your taste - cole slaw, chips, beans, fries, anything you'd find at a BBQ joint would really be fantastic with it.  

Hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...