Sunday, February 1, 2015

Soccer Saturdays

A lifelong nightmare of mine came true back in December...I became a soccer mom. That's right. We are now the proud owners of shinguards, 3 different soccer balls, and a set of orange cones for practicing. I think a part of me just died.

Growing up, I absolutely detested soccer. I played for half of a season in Kindergarten, only went to the games for the orange slices, ran around the field aimlessly with a side cramp, and begged my parents to let me quit after the fourth or fifth game. 

BUT...

As hard as this is for me to admit, I absolutely LOVE it...probably because he's only three and spends half of the game tackling his friends, but I must admit, they are the highlight of my weekend. Y'all...Pre-K soccer is stinkin' hilarious.

Here is the team pic...where do I even begin?? The awkward poses and smiles, how every child is holding a ball, the shorts pulled up to their ears, the kids showing guns...these are the kiddos I get to watch every weekend run around aimlessly chasing a ball in a giant beehive. And I freakin' love it.
And this guy...be still my heart. Aside from the minor snot hanging out of his nose, I'm pretty sure this is the most awkwardly adorable picture I've ever seen. The squint, the side eye, the smirk...perfection. Man, I love this kid.

And now, I leave with you with a few action shots...



 Lots of this happens...
 Sideline shenanigans.
And one last one of the sweetest little cheering section...because I just can't help myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...